Little Lost Bird

image

This sweet wee baby bird was found on the ground just outside of Victoria Road Animal Hospital.  The kind people who work at the clinic did their best to find it’s nest but unfortunately they were unsuccessful.  For a few days  they took great care of the little guy by giving him a box and towel nest and feeding him through a syringe every 30 minutes or so.  The team tried to find a refuge nearby to bring the starling to be nursed through his terrible ordeal and then to be released back to his natural environment.  Unfortunately every refuge is brimming with animals in need.  The closest facility that was able to take him in was an hour and a half away near Jarvis Ontario and the Great Lake Eerie!  Everyone was too busy at the clinic to take the bird and so Mrs. Muller offered to go.  It was quite a road trip for the little guy having to stop every 20 minutes or so to be fed.   He is now in the caring hands of the people at The Hobbitsee Wildlife Refuge.  We are hoping to hear about how is doing soon!

21 thoughts on “Little Lost Bird

1. What the adventure for that poor little bird! I hope that bird is doing very well! Lets have hope! Thank you Mrs. Muller for driving that bird to its starter home!

2. I hope the bird is doing okay and will be healthy soon. Do you think the little bird will be healthy enough for us to meet next year? : ]

3. Oh that`s really sad. I also hope that the little guy is okay. I really want to here back from Hobbitsee wildlife refuge. 🙂

4. Hey! I am so so happy that Mrs.Muller was so kind that she used up her Saturday and went all the way to Jarvis Ontario to take a poor baby bird to better care and a place to live. P.S I also hope that the baby bird is Okay now to the better care and home.

5. Hey, this is Corey talking about something that is upseting. “A little bird falls out from a house” Do you imagine that? Well hopefully that birdis all recovered from a high fall and hope he or she is feeling better
    and not dead.

6. Hey that baby starling looks so cute, it is sad that he has to go an hour and a half away from his home just because the wind blew him out of the nest. It is also sad that the baby starling fell off a roof when he was blown out of his nest. I cant believe he has to be fed every 20 to 30 minutes. I hope this baby bird will live and I hope he can be released into the wild one day.

7. I remember that sweet little bird I hope he is all right at the Hobbitsee Wildlife refuge. What did you feed the little bird every 30 min worms is what I think you feed him every 30 min. What was the adress of the roof he fell off of? How far was the drop 20 feet?

8. Mrs Muller You where very generous to volunteer to drive all the way to The Hobbitsee Wildlife refuge. And feed him every 20 minutes and how you are still are wondering how he is doing and how his tummy fells .

9. I hope that little bird gets okay its even sad when we talk about it. I wonder if it will even recover you know how it fell of the roof. so cross your fingers everyone and hope that the bird recovers

10. Wow I can’t believe that poor baby bird fell off a building. I hope the bird is safe and I really hope it dose’t die and I hope its tummy feels better. Thank you Mrs.Muller for being so generous to volunteer to take the bird to the animal place.